Kilcoy Pastoral Company is currently undergoing a global expansion and is transitioning to Kilcoy Global Foods. Kilcoy Global Foods is a nature-to-plate global food solutions enterprise, harnessing the unique strengths and experience of Kilcoy Pastoral Company to bring exceptional food experiences to customers all around the world. Our corporate office is located in the Birtinya Queensland with our production site, established in 1953, located in Queensland’s Sunshine Coast hinterland at Kilcoy.
By-Products Manager – The Role:
This role manages and leads cost-effective By-Products production activities to meet organisational targets and produce quality By-Products, whilst at all times emphasising workplace health and safety, food/hygiene safety, Department of Agriculture requirements and other required legislative compliance.
• Develop and maintain By-Products production schedules, throughput and output, collaborating with Sales and Marketing to meet sales requirements (inclusive of but not limited to Rendered Product, Meat Meal, Blood Meal and Gall)
• Rostering and manning sufficient for 24/7 plant operations
• Ensure effective and efficient operation of the Boiler, as required
• Manage the process of time and attendance recording, providing accurate and up to date records (time sheets, tally sheets, wages) as required to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing
• Update work instruction and ensure adequate training of new operators
• Oversee the minimisation of wastage i.e. unprocessed product, packaging, overtime, labour costs, overproduction, downsizing labour etc.
• Contribute to setting and delivering on By-Products goals and objectives, including budget planning
• Ensure the optimal coordination and allocation of resources to deliver By-Products production requirements efficiently and effectively, within budget, including minimising utility and consumable usage
• Deliver to budget, consistently reviewing and analysing By-Products production data to respond to potential and real barriers to meeting product quality and budget targets
• Make informed decisions based on a risk management approach to stop By-Products production activities, where required
• Ensure reports are accurate and timely especially as they relate to costing, materials usage, productivity, labour utilisation and other key financial indicators
The applicant must ideally demonstrate:
• Experience managing and operating a By-Products operation, inclusive of Tallow Rendering, Meat and Blood Meal & Ox Gall concentration production.
• Logistical experience. (shipping instructions etc)
• QA experience
• Citect or Scada computer experience
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• Ability to problem solve under pressure and within strict deadlines.
• Ability to plan, organise and control activities
• Ability to promote and drive a positive OH&S culture.
• Sound administrative anility and document control
• Proficient in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
• Mechanical aptitude is a must
• Understanding of environmental compliance
• Understanding of effluent water management
• Boiler Operators qualification desirable but not essential
• Hygienic Rendering qualification (ARA)
• Fitters or Electrical background highly desirable
HOW TO APPLY: If you or anyone you know is interested in applying or would like further information, please contact Piper Lambourn (5293 5131) OR email Piper at email@example.com Closing date: Sunday, November 8, 2020.
As a courtesy, please inform your supervisor or manager if you are applying for this role.
This Notice will be removed on Sunday, November 8, 2020