- Exciting opportunity to be part of our Microbiology Laboratory
- Global Company with operations spanning USA, China and Australia
- Located in Kilcoy - an easy commute from Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast
ABOUT US :
Kilcoy Global Foods has grown significantly, and we are deemed a market leader in our sector. We are a nature-to-plate food solutions enterprise with a footprint spanning Australia, the United States and China. We believe our winning culture stems from the quality of our people and the contribution they make to the business every day. Due to this growth an outstanding opportunity for an additional experienced Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join our Quality Assurance team has become available. This position will report to the Laboratory Supervisor, while working closely with other members of the Quality Assurance and Operational departments.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a professional who is looking to apply and grow their current skills, in a wide range of Laboratory functions, in a precise business critical environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE :
Key Responsibilities – included but not limited to;
- Provide a service and support business functions by performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory processes.
- Preparation and quality control of media and for Microbiological sample analysis
- Sample preparation and monitoring of test results within the export beef industry
- Adhere to government organisations standards, ie NATA , DAWR, AS - ensuring most current policy /procedure updates are implemented
- Complete all daily routine procedures following laboratory schedules and manuals
- Calibration and trace-ability of laboratory testing equipment and product
- Participation in proficiency testing programs, and culture control
- Record and report writing, data entry, calculations, trending / MU spread sheets
- Participate in both Internal and External Audits and the corrective action process
- Verification and/or validation of test methods/processes.
- Carries out assignments in a timely, diligent, and safe manner and performs work in accordance with our SOPs.
- Seek out opportunities to improve information and reporting processes and technologies.
- Willingness to work a roster, which may include weekends
- Assist in the maintenance of the Laboratory Manuals and associated documentation
- Maintain the currency and effectiveness of the Laboratory Manuals and associated documentation, and control distribution and amendments
ABOUT YOU :
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience operating in a NATA / DAWR approved Microbiology laboratory and / or Tertiary qualifications (Including TAFE certificates/diplomas)
- Willingness to obtain NATA signatory
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Previous experience with PCR methods ie GDS / BAX and confirmation of pathogens along with reading of microbial results will also be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in a similar environment (meat processing / food manufacturing) will be highly regarded
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and in written form, with all levels of the organization
- Team player with strong analytical and organizational skills to prioritise multiple tasks to achieve deadlines
- Competency in the Microsoft Office product suite
KGF is a fast-paced, 24/7 beef production environment and this is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for a rewarding, secure career with one of the largest beef processors in the nation. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a critical part of our successful business.
Kilcoy offers a relaxed community lifestyle or an easy, stress-free commute from Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast.
- Excellent opportunity to showcase your skills
- Full time secure employment
- Dynamic Global Organisation spanning USA, China and Australia
- Great supportive Management and wonderful team environment
HOW TO APPLY :
- Hit “Apply Now” via seek.com.au and upload your Cover Letter and CV
PLEASE NOTE :
- Further information can be obtained via our website : www.kilcoyglobalfoods.com
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and make every effort to select the best qualified individual for the job based on job related qualifications and experiences.
- Some of the information KGF collects via your application form and resume is “personal” information as defined by the Privacy Act.
- All information provided via your application form and resume is treated as confidential.